Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Let's Go Outdoors

Yesterday I had the motivation to get outside, strip my patio of everything, and hose it down. That feeling doesn't come around too often so I figured I should jump on it. I love being out back, but when it gets dirty, not so much. So out I went and cleaned it all up nice and pretty! I am so happy with all the improvements we made to the back of our house! Just a little over a year ago I dreaded the thought of going out there. Now, it's one of my favorite places to be! It's amazing what some tile, a concrete slab, and a beautiful privacy fence can do!

We spent most of yesterday outside. All morning and early afternoon we played out back, then after naps went to my Dad's for a pizza and pool party.  Today we started our day at my Dad's again {since our pool party last night was cut short by a thunderstorm}, then after naps the kids played outside while I grilled out some turkey burgers, then after dinner back outside to enjoy the cool summer night.

I thought I would share a few pics...

Enjoying lunch on the patio. 
Love her. 
Afternoon naps. 
Cute. 
Can't even explain how much I love these two. 
Very focused on her chalk drawing.
Love him. 
Bedtime snack and Dragon Tales.

I'm not sure what it is about being outside. But it's wonderful. With two adults, two kids {and all their wonderful toys}, a dog, and a cat our 1248 square foot house can feel very small sometimes. And sometimes I get very crabby when the feeling of claustrophobia kicks in. That is when I am so thankful for our backyard. We go out there and everything is right in the world again. Seriously. If you are ever having one of those days, go outside and let God's beautiful creation refresh your spirit. It helps. Trust me :)

No comments:

Post a Comment