Monday, June 24, 2013

Let's Get Physical!

Exercise and I have always had a complicated relationship. Sometimes we liked each other, sometimes we didn't want to be anywhere near each other. Throw some kids into the mix and it gets a little more complicated. I never had the time, it was hard to get out and moving with two kids in tow, DVD's never really worked out for me…I had my list of reasons excuses I couldn't exercise. I had always been an athlete, starting in elementary school all the way through senior year of high school. I was always in shape. But after going to college and getting married my active life slowed down and I put on a few pounds. One of the good things about having kids is they definitely give you some exercise. Between chasing after them, playing outside, bike rides, and carrying them around you are constantly moving. I am blessed to say that even before starting up at the gym I weigh twenty pounds less than I did when I got pregnant with my first. This made me very happy, but I still didn't feel like I was "in shape."

Last July I started a membership at a gym right around the corner from my house {amazing!} It is a great gym with free childcare, which my kids LOVE going to! That right there makes the whole thing perfect! For the first few months I went in and did my own thing. Worked out on the machines then did some cardio on either the elliptical or the treadmill. I started seeing results, which is such a motivation in and of itself! Then, I got a few comments from friends which was the icing on the cake! I read a quote on Pinterest that says "It takes 4 weeks for you to notice your body changing, 8 weeks for your friends, and 12 weeks for the rest of the world." That really pushed me to keep going. I was getting bored of my workout routine and was constantly trying to motivate myself to try out a class. Then a friend of mine who also goes to my gym asked me to go to a Body Pump class and I agreed. I was nervous, but afterwards knew that I was hooked! This is my workout schedule…I don't always make every class, but I sure do try! My favorites are Dance Fusion, Step, and Zumba!

Monday ~ Step Combo and Muscle Fusion

Tuesday ~ Dance Fusion

Wednesday ~ Body Pump and Core N More

Thursday ~ Zumba

Friday ~ Cardio Kick

Another thing I have gotten into lately is running. I was told before that I don't have a runner's body, so that always held me back a little. However, after starting up at the gym and feeling so good, I want to change that! I am currently training for a 5K. Not even sure when there is one, but I want to get my body capable of running that distance so that if I do have the desire to do one, I CAN! I am 5 weeks into the training, and this morning before my Step class ran 2 miles, easy peasy. I was so proud! So I run 3 times a week. I use the free app C25K and really like it! Sometimes I will run before a class, or my favorite is waking up early on Saturday or Sunday and going before the sun comes up. I used to run around our neighborhood, but I really like running on a treadmill much better. My neighborhood is ugly! Ha! :) I'm sure if I had beautiful scenery to run through my feelings would be different.


So this is what I have waiting for me on Thursday! I am excited. It's such a great feeling to feel like you have control over your body. It is such a mental thing. When I run I have to focus, otherwise I feel out of control. I have a favorite treadmill I run on and most days it's open when I get there. Which makes me very happy! There is a tree right outside the window across the gym that has one set of brown leaves that I focus on when I run. Kinda weird, but it helps. Let's just hope they don't fall off, not sure what I would do :) 

Ohhh, and yay! I almost have our drawer under control!! I showed the before here. I need a few more baskets for the stuff in the back and the makeover is complete! Although, my next project will be figuring out why I have a ridiculous amount of pens. What in the world?!


Well, that is all I have for you today! Hope your week is starting out great!! :) 




No comments:

Post a Comment