Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Sophia Rae

I have a new love in my life…and her name is Sophia Rae.  She came into this world on Wednesday, May 29th at 6:07pm. After spending the day (which started very early…3:30am to be exact) with my mom and sister at the hospital, I was more than thrilled when Sophia decided to make her debut. Fashionably late, of course! I couldn't wait to get her in my arms!

Look at that little beauty!


In honor of this little one's arrival I want to share some pictures from the shower I was so excited to host for my sister! It was the first shower I ever threw, and I have to say I loved every part of it! From coming up with a theme, which derived from my sister's love for owls, to the colors, to all things DIY, and my favorite, the food! It was a blast! And, after the many compliments I received, I have to say everyone seemed to really enjoy themselves! Success! Thought I would share a few photos from the day…

My beautiful sister and me.





The sign in table. I had guests write their addresses on the thank-you envelope which entered them into a drawing for a Target gift card. There was also a game to guess the amount of M&M's in the jar. 


The yummy spread


The beautiful mommy-to-be!


My first attempt at a "ruffle" cake. I have to say I was happy with the end result! It was a white cake with a swiss meringue buttercream frosting. Delish! I was inspired by this cake topper {http://www.etsy.com/listing/84960519/baby-shower-banner-cake-topper-pink-its?ref=sr_gallery_7&ga_search_query=its+a+girl+heart+cake+topper&ga_view_type=gallery&ga_ship_to=US&ga_search_type=all} Definitely wasn't in my budget so I made my own :)


Another first…cake pops! Oh so delicious!


It's not a party unless there are mason jars with paper straws!


Playdough babies. Such a fun game!


Favors for the guests.


I was so happy with how everything turned out! I can't think of anyone else I would rather throw my first shower for! My sister is amazing…and now a mommy of three!! Let me tell you, with two big brothers, Sophia is going to be one lucky little girl! Watch out boys! :)















No comments:

Post a Comment