Friday, June 21, 2013

{H54F}

I love participating in H54F. It helps me to remember to acknowledge and appreciate the special moments I get to experience all the time. These five things are things that might have just passed me by. But, by documenting them and sharing them with you, I get to live in those moments just a little longer. That is exactly why I started this blog - to remember to live simply and appreciate just how beautiful life is. So without further ado here is my top 5 {in no particular order} ;)

1. Father's Day. So blessed to have such amazing men in my life…an amazing Dad, Step-Dad, and Father-in-Law and of course my amazing hubby. I invited my family over and threw together a little shindig consisting of chicken, steak, and asparagus on the grill, baked potatoes, salad, and homemade wheat yeast rolls. We finished that tasty dinner off with an absolutely amazing dessert that I have had pinned for a long time and never got around to making. This seemed like the perfect ending to such a summery dinner (come on, anything on the grill screams summer!) You can find the recipe here. Seriously, try it. It will make you a better person. {Count this as my "New Recipe Wednesday that I missed! ;)} Of course I didn't snap any pictures with all the family over (I was a little busy in the kitchen,) but did snap a few of Stephen and the kids. Kennedy was still sleeping when I snapped the one of Stephen and Riley, and she was ready for a nap in her picture (thus the red, post-crying face). Why is it so hard to get pictures of your kids together with both cooperating??



2. Riley started VBS this week! The previous week whenever I would mention that VBS was starting soon he instantly said he didn't want to go. Last year took a little bit of coercing each night to get him to stay, but he really did like it. So I was afraid that would be the case this year too. Thankfully, it wasn't. As soon as we walked in his face lit up and he was ready to say good-bye! Praise the Lord! 



3. Since Riley was in VBS every night for a few hours, that gave me and the little miss some quality time together. We hit up the park, the farmers market, did a little shopping…girl time :) 




4. Early Monday morning my love had to pack up and head to the East coast for a few days for work. Never fun when your husband is gone. Thankfully, it was a busy few days which helped make it go by much faster. He wasn't supposed to be home until very late Wednesday night, but surprised me with a phone call saying he would be home by 6:30. That definitely made my day! :) 

{Kennedy was saying "cheese" to the fan. That girl is in her own world.}

5. Riley and I like to play games. However, playing Chutes and Ladders, Curious George Memory Match, and Super Why! has gotten a little monotonous. I was thrilled when I found Candy Land on our local Facebook Garage Sale site for $2! We played our first game and Riley loved it! It definitely brought me back to when I was a kid!! 



Well, that was our week in a nutshell! Hope you had a great one too! 

{As always, I linked up with Lauren for H54F!}









No comments:

Post a Comment