Sunday, June 9, 2013

Organization, please!


My goodness. Please someone tell me they can relate! This is our junk drawer. To say it is in need of a little organization is a slight understatement. I know it doesn't look like it, but this drawer does in fact get cleaned every once in a while. Apparently, it doesn't stay that way for long. I see a trip to the Dollar Tree in my near future to get some baskets and such to give this drawer a little makeover. It's not just this drawer though that suffers from my lack of organization. I will spare you a picture of our cabinets under the sink in our bathroom or the piles of outgrown clothes in the garage. 

These may seem like small things and almost a little silly to be making a big deal out of, however, I don't like knowing that there are things in my life that are unorganized. Even though it is just a small part of my house, it makes me feel unorganized as a person. I need want to feel as if I am a put-together person; like I do have a handle on this thing called life. You see, I feel as if my house is a reflection of who I am, and honestly, in some ways I think it really is. When my house is spotless clean and everything is in its place and dishes and laundry are done, I am usually in a really good mood and have things all planned out. Then there are days when I may not feel so on top of things mentally and physically…that's when you will find there are more dirty dishes sprawled out across the counter and piled in the sink than clean ones, the hamper has exploded and there are clothes cascading onto the floor surrounding it, and I can't walk through one room of the house without tripping over a Switch and Go Dino or a Buzz Lightyear action figure. Don't you just love those days. So if I can't keep my house in order, even the small parts, what does that say about my life and who I am as a person? Ha! Let's not hope too much!

It is amazing though how a little organization can make such a difference in all areas of your life! Meal planning, organizing bathroom cabinets, making {and sticking to} a cleaning schedule, or simply planning out your day can make the world of difference in your everyday life! My days are so much more productive when I have a plan. Another plus to having a schedule and sticking to it is the fact that you have more time to do the things that you really love to do. Whether it's playing with the kiddos {Lord knows we all could spend more time playing!}, sipping on some hot coffee and reading a good book, or doing some crafts that have been stuck on your Pinterest "To-Do" board forever; it's so nice to actually have a handle on things and be able to enjoy "me" time. 

So…baby steps! My goal for this week is to get this junk drawer organized! I will {hopefully} have some after pics to share in a few days. Now I want to know…what is an area in your life or house that could use a little organization? Let me know I am not alone! :) 

Now I am off to finish a tasty treat which I am pretty sure is going to be served in Heaven! Fresh out of the oven amazing deliciousness! Stay tuned…I will post the recipe on Wednesday! 

Have a happy and blessed day! 

No comments:

Post a Comment