Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Seven Years of Bliss!

Yesterday my love and I celebrated SEVEN years of marriage! Crazy! The thing I love most about it is the fact that it seriously just keeps getting better and better. I look back to the years prior and realize just how much more I am in love with Stephen. I mean, when we were dating I was amazed by how much I loved him…so to think how much that love has multiplied is simply incredible. Our love for each other comes from our love for God, so I guess I shouldn't be surprised by that. I think ahead to our 10th anniversary, our 20th, our 50th -- I cannot even fathom the love that will be there. I thank God for my marriage and my soulmate. I am blessed.

We celebrated by going to Melting Pot. We go every odd year. This tradition began the night he proposed, then we have gone our 1st, 3rd, 5th, and now 7th anniversary. I like this because we aren't "stuck" doing the same thing every year. Our even years we can change things up a bit and do something different. Like our 10th anniversary. We decided the other day that we are going to celebrate that big one by taking a trip to New York City sans kids. I have never been, and Stephen really wants to take me, so we decided that would be the perfect time! I am already excited.

Dinner was amazing and time alone with my husband was perfect. I treasure those rare times because it reminds me that it's still him and me. Our kids are amazing and I love them beyond words, but next to my God he is the most important person in this world to me.


So here is to our love and the love that is to come! :) Have a happy day! 




No comments:

Post a Comment