Monday, August 19, 2013

Without A Sound.

Busy. That word right there describes how the past few weeks have been in the Miller household. Between Riley starting school and my new job {eek!!} I feel like things have been non-stop. It's good. I like being busy. It makes me appreciate the moments when things are a little slower. But it is in all of this busyness that I have to remember to always slow down for what's important. God. Family. Friends.

This morning I was reading in Psalms 19 and was so challenged by the few simple words David wrote so long ago...

"The heavens proclaim the glory of God. The skies display his craftsmanship. Day after day they continue to speak; night after night they make Him known. They speak without a sound or word; their voice is never heard. Yet their message has gone throughout the Earth, and their words to all the world….May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing to you, O Lord, my rock and my redeemer." (verses 1-4; 14)

Without a sound or word. Have you ever met someone and known them for a while, then discover they are a Christian and it kind of takes you by surprise. Like until they opened their mouth and said "I'm a Christian" you had no idea. That is the person I DO NOT want to be. I want my life to proclaim God's glory without having to open my mouth. I hope that my life points people to Jesus by my actions, not only my words. The day that I decided to follow Jesus with my whole heart is the day that I made a promise to God that my life would be different. It's a choice that I constantly have to make, because besides Jesus, there is no good thing inside of me. And sometimes I have to fight very hard to make sure that Jesus is glorified in everything I do. And sadly, sometimes I fail. But I let this verse challenge my soul, "May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing to you…"

Keep that verse close to your heart so when things get rough you have that prayer to bring you through!

No comments:

Post a Comment