Wednesday, June 12, 2013

{new recipe Wednesday} Peanut Butter Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins

Before I get started, I apologize if I seem a bit distracted. I am currently under attack thanks to the kids new favorite game…diaper wars. The other night just to be silly and make the kids giggle I started tossing diapers {clean, of course!} at them and declared a diaper war. And, we all know how kids work…again, again, again!! So a few times now out of no where I get hit in the face with a diaper followed by adorable giggles. How can I not give in?? So, don't be surprised if you are ever visiting and get pelted by a diaper. My apologies.

Well, it's Wednesday, and I am excited to share another delicious recipe I stumbled upon the other day.  Does anyone else have two delicious words pop into your head when you see two or three perfectly spotted, very ripe bananas sitting in your fruit basket…banana bread!! That is usually my go to…but lately I have been looking for other ways to use these wonderful treasures...just to keep things fresh! After some quality time with google I came across a recipe which had me drooling as soon as I read the title. Peanut Butter. Banana. Chocolate Chip. Muffins. Yes, yes, and yes. I found the recipe at the Noble Pig and changed it just a bit according to what I had on hand. Here is what you will you be able to enjoy just as soon as you get your self into the kitchen and whip up these beauties!!





Peanut Butter Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins

Makes 18 muffins

  • 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1/2 cup sugar
  • 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
  • 1 tablespoon baking powder
  • 3/4 teaspoon salt
  • 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
  • 3 large very ripe bananas
  • 1 cup milk
  • 3/4 cup crunchy peanut butter
  • 3 tablespoons canola oil 
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla
  • 1 large egg
  • 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. 

In a sifter placed over a large bowl, add the flour, sugars, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon and sift all together.

Next, mash up the three ripe bananas with a fork until there are no more clumps and add to a small bowl. To that bowl add the milk, peanut butter, oil, vanilla, and egg. Use a whisk to get everything combined.

Add the wet mixture to the dry mixture and stir just a few times to get everything incorporated. You don't want to over mix or you will end up with dense muffins. Not good. Now stir in the chocolate chips. Again, don't over mix. 

Spray your muffin pan with cooking spray and fill each one about 3/4 full. Bake in your preheated oven for about 20 - 25 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean. 

Let the muffins cool in the pan on a cooling rack for a few minutes then flip over the pan and take them out. Let them cool on your cooling rack. But promise me you will try one as soon as you take them out of the pan. Okay? Your life will be changed. I promise. 

* I subbed 1/2 cup whole wheat flour for 1/2 cup white flour. Just to keep things healthy-ier ;) 
* You can use 3/4 cup creamy peanut butter if you prefer.
* Next time I plan on using 3 tablespoons of applesauce instead of the oil. Again, trying to keep things healthy. 

I hope you give this recipe a try! If you do, let me know what you think! 



2 comments:

  1. They look ridiculously good! I've been baking all week and made something similar - sooo yummy!
    AHKA VINTAGE BLOG

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun! I love to bake. I just don't like having what I baked sitting around my house. ;) WAY too tempting!

    ReplyDelete